Mom and I love salsa and chips. My fav is medium southwest (white corn and black bean), but mom is privy to the mild original salsa – I won’t hold that against her, overall she is a smart person 🙂 Just kidding! We usually “pep” it up by adding some cream cheese (if you haven’t tried this you should, and you can thank me later) or some shredded cheese.
One downfall of this obsession is that no matter what brand or type of tortilla chip we buy, we inevitably end up with lots of broken, tiny chip fragments in the bottom of the bag. What do you do with them? I mean, you paid a whole $2 for the bag, and 1/3 of it goes to waste? I think not, good sir! This is where Pinterest comes in.
If you haven’t tried Pinterest yet, you need to, especially if you love finding interesting, unique recipes to try. You can literally go to the top of the page, type in just about ANYTHING and someone has “pinned” an article about it. For this post, I typed in “tortilla chips” – very clever, right? I know.
I was impressed by all the ideas that came up. Finally, I may have come across some ways to use these – until now – completely useless pieces of castaway eats.
Here are some of my favorite tortilla chip recipes/ideas from Pinterest folks. Try them and let me know what you think! I will also be giving some of them a test, to see if they meet my high standards of culinary expectations.
- Southwestern tomato and tortilla chip casserole (pinned by Lucy M.)
- Cinnamon tortilla chips (pinned by Raechel T)
- Fresh green sauce/pesto with leftover Rotisserie Chicken & Tortilla chips for lunch (pinned by Annie pins)
- Impossible Enchilada Pie, using leftover crushed tortilla chips (pinned by Nicole Atilano)
- An easy version of a south-of-the-border classic “chilaquiles” (pinned by Tara Smith)
Happy eating! 🙂